Study title and authors:
The Complex and Important Cellular and Metabolic Functions of Saturated Fatty Acids
The variety of their functions demonstrates that SFA is vital to human health.
More information on this subject: Books : Scientific Studies : Websites : Videos : Food Mall
Recipe of the day
Clams with Bacon and Chilli Butter
|Food Mall: Clams|
pinch freshly ground black pepper
salt to taste
3 rashers bacon
24 small clams
1. In a small bowl, mix together butter, chilli, shallots, black pepper and salt. Form the mixture into a ball shape, and securely wrap with cling film. Place in the freezer approximately 30 minutes, until firm but not solid.
2. Preheat the grill. Cook bacon until browned. Cut each slice into 8 pieces.
3. Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add clams and cook for 15 to 20 seconds or until open; drain and rinse.
4. Arrange clams on a medium baking tray. Top each with 1 piece of bacon. Distribute equal portions of the butter mixture onto each clam atop the bacon.
5. Checking often to avoid burning, grill the clams 2 to 3 minutes, until the butter mixture has melted and bacon is crisp.